USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN (UXD)
Educating the Next Generation of Science and Technology Leaders
Science Meets Business
Where Science Meets Business
Our program combines the science curriculum from a traditional science master’s degree with a specialized set of business courses.
Career Coaching & Networking Events
Join us for regular networking events and executive coaching for career placement and advancement.
The Skills You Need
Develop engaging, intuitive, and accessible user interfaces for platforms ranging from websites and mobile apps to new products that blend both digital and physical elements.
Convenient Scheduling Options
Take advantage of our online options for distance learners, as well as on-campus options, with evening classes designed for working professionals. Study part time or full time.
“Having the MBS, having this background, allowed me to get right into the workforce and to feel confident that I have the credentials to work in a field that I hadn’t been working in previously.”
- Application deadlines: Fall: June 1 | Spring: November 15 | Summer: March 1
- Degree completion: Full-Time or Flexible Part-Time
- Delivery: Fully Online, In-Person, Hybrid
- Tuition: $900 per online or in-state credit, additional fees may apply
Is MBS program right for you?
The Master of Business & Science (MBS) degree combines advanced, STEM-based courses with applied business courses, experiential learning, and extensive networking opportunities thanks to our longstanding academic-industry partnerships. Our programs are flexible and customizable to fit students’ individual career goals, and can be taken either part-time or full-time. We are a part of the Professional Science Master's (PSM) network, which comprises nearly 350 programs at more than 150 academic institutions in 35 states and four countries.
You can pursue several career paths with a specialization in User Experience Design (UXD) including:
- User Experience Designer
- Product Design Manager
- Web Content Developer
- Multimedia Designer
- Mobile Applications Developer
- Information Architect
User Experience Design Courses
Core courses include:
- Introduction to User Experience Design
- Visual Design for User Experience (UX)
- Contextual Inquiry
- Usability Evaluation
- Information Architecture for UXD
- UXD Practicum
Principles of Communication and Professional Development
Principles of Accounting and Finance for Science and Technology
Market Assessment and Analysis for Business and Science
Ethics in Science and Technology Management
Science and Technology Management Capstone
- Business Intelligence with Visual Analytics
Our certified executive coaches work with all MBS students to help them personalize their education and succeed in their career goals.
Benefit to you as a student:
- Build self-awareness and help you identify opportunities for personal and professional growth
- One-on-one coaching from one of our seasoned, ICF Professional Certified Coaches to listen, explore and help you explore opportunities for success
- Create your own Individual Development Plan (IDP) that defines goals, tracks progress, and allows for continual redesign
Externships and Internships
Our curriculum is designed around experiential opportunities. As an MBS student, you will be working on real-world problems with real-world data through our internship and externship programs. These opportunities help our students gain practical technical skills, apply leadership lessons, and engage in networking opportunities.